We all know medical spa procedures can radically reduce wrinkles, but there are some steps you can take daily that have an influence on your look over time. Try these tips and begin reducing wrinkles naturally in Oklahoma City!
1. Avoid the sun. It’s the No. 1 cause of wrinkles, with dozens of studies documenting the impact. In one study that looked at identical twins, New York plastic surgeon Darrick Antell, MD, found sun exposure was even more important than heredity. Siblings who limited sun time had fewer wrinkles and looked younger overall than their sun-worshiping twins.
2. Wear sunscreen EVERY DAY, including when you’re mostly indoors. All sunscreen is not created equal, so please feel free to let me help you find one that is right for your lifestyle.
3. Stay hydrated. 8 glasses a day keep the wrinkles away!
4. Lower your stress levels. Read a book; take a vacation…whatever you can to help you relax.
5. Sleep. Yale dermatologist Nicholas Perricone, MD, says that when you don’t get enough sleep, the body produces excess cortisol, a hormone that breaks down skin cells. Get enough rest and look better, ladies!
7. Eat more fish, particularly salmon. Not only is salmon (along with other cold-water fish) a great source of protein -one of the building blocks of great skin. It’s also an awesome source of an essential fatty acid known as omega-3. Perricone says that essential fatty acids help nourish skin and keep it plump and youthful, helping to reduce wrinkles.
8. Trade coffee for cocoa. In a study published in the Journal of Nutrition in 2006, researchers found cocoa containing high levels of two dietary flavanols (epicatchin and catechin) protected skin from sun damage, improved circulation to skin cells, affected hydration, and made the skin look and feel smoother.
9. Don’t squint-get reading glasses! The AAD says any repetitive facial movement, like squinting, overworks facial muscles, forming a groove beneath the skin’s surface. This groove eventually becomes a wrinkle. Also important: Wear sunglasses. It will protect skin around the eyes from sun damage and further keep you from squinting.
10. Don’t over-wash your face. According to dermatologists at the University of Maryland Medical Center, tap water strips skin of its natural barrier oils and moisture that protect against wrinkles. Wash them off too often, and you wash away protection. Moreover, unless your soap contains moisturizers, you should use a cleanser instead.